GCM indeed is an amazing place for learning and teaching. As an international student, I must say that GCM is the best and the most preferred medical school. Being in the medical field every day, we go through new experiences. I want to share one of my best experiences in GCM during my Pre-Med year.
One day, our ecology professor took us to a nearby natural park and instructed us to explore nature, its flora and fauna, and submit a report at the end of the day. At first, it was just another assignment to us but soon after we were engaged in this activity, I realized the main objective behind this. Our professor wanted us to connect our soul with nature and appreciate its beauty.
Normally, we don’t care to give enough attention to our surroundings but that day was special. That day, I found that nature holds the key to our aesthetic, intellectual, cognitive, and even spiritual satisfaction.
Whatever your mood is, you always feel calm and nice when you’re near with nature. As Claude Monet said, “Eventually, my eyes were opened and I really understand nature. I learned to love at the same time” and believe me, I experienced the same.
Thanks to our school for such an extraordinary professor who knows the best way of teaching and has the experience and dedication towards his profession. At the end of the day, we all reported to our professor and took a group picture to make it a memorable day, although it’s already saved in our hearts.
During this ongoing pandemic, GCM has evolved and developed itself in many best ways:
- GCM has highly focused on developing its IT department to provide the best ever experience of online classes without any hassles;
- GCM is now ready to go face-to-face as the school is now fully equipped with all kinds of safety measures and guidelines; and
- A separate isolation ward is now fully functional with all facilities for quarantine.
- A new parking lot is now ready for parking;
- Improvement in the students’ study lounge and an additional auditorium; and
- Renovated the pavements near the school church and added a new lawn.
My message to aspiring medical students is to never be afraid to take risks or try new things. You don’t have to be a genius to be a doctor. You have to be hardworking and possess good character. That’s what makes good doctors. Anything is possible, as long as you’ve got enough NERVE. Stay positive, work hard, make it happen. When you feel like quitting, just remind yourself why you started. Always remember difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations!
Bishnoi, Vinod Kumar
1st year Medical Student
Supreme Student Council (SSC) Public Relations Officer (Internal) AY 2021-2022